Unlocking the Digital Enterprise with APIs Workshop
Transform the digital enterprise into an API first organization
An API-first strategy starts with training your leaders and teams to learn how to quickly adapt to business and technological change and understand how APIs enable differentiating capabilities.
“Unlocking the Digital Enterprise with APIs” is a series of short, digestible modules to learn how API technologies transform business outcomes and enable differentiating capabilities.
This workshop will enable executives and leaders to:
- Understand why APIs are more than just a technical detail, enabling the composable enterprise
- Explain the business models that APIs make available to organizations
- Define the API lifecycle, including the practices and processes necessary for an effective API program
- Explain the four phases of the ADDR API design process and how it contributes to a scalable, repeatable, cross-functional API design process
- Gain an understanding of the necessary steps to shift to an API-first approach, including the tools and roles necessary
The workshop explains the essentials that executives, business leaders, product managers, technical writers, and developers need to gain an understanding of how web APIs work and how they can drive the composable enterprise. It also serves as a foundation to our “Fundamentals of Web APIs” Workshop.
The workshop combines short lectures with hands-on lab exercises help teams understand and apply core concepts of web-based APIs and an API first organization.
We offer multiple delivery options to meet your needs:
- Private Instructor-led corporate workshops support up to 30 participants to provide opportunities for collaborative API design.
- Enterprise licensing supports self-paced workshops to scale up your training across your entire organization
- Self-paced learning course with lecture videos and hands-on exercises for the independent learner
The workshop is composed of short modules that include lecture and hands-on exercises to help you gain a firm foundation for web APIs and their impact on the composable enterprise:
- Intro to APIs
- The business of APIs
- API 360 model
- Understanding APIs
- Simple API request exercise
- Products and platforms
- API business models
- The Bezos memo
- The API economy
- API business model exercise
- API design first
- Understanding interaction models
- API product lifecycle
- API styles
- API journey
- Align, define, design, refine
- Creating API profiles exercise
- Composable enterprise
- Pace layering
Alternatively, they should be able to access the Hoppscotch.io website, a web-based alternative to the tools listed above.
Get Started: Select Your Delivery Format
We offer three delivery options for this workshop:
Option 1. Self-Paced Online Course for Individuals
A self-paced course that is designed for product managers, architects, and developers eager to understand how web APIs work. You will experience short lectures along with step-by-step walkthroughs, plus hands-on exercises to apply what you have learned. Each exercise provides a solution walkthrough, giving you an experience similar to live workshops - at your own pace.
Option 2. Private Corporate Workshop
Traditional instructor-led delivery across three half-day sessions, delivered virtually. This is perfect for geographically distributed teams and provides a cost-effective option compared to in-person delivery. On-site delivery is available for an additional fee, based upon location and availability.
Option 3. Enterprise Site License
For larger organizations that need to upskill lots of teams quickly, this option supports self-paced learning videos and exercises. Upskill your leaders across the organization, today and into the future.
No per-seat licenses or yearly renewals. You will also receive the slides for all content, enabling you to customize any of the lessons to meet your needs. Videos are delivered in mp4 format for posting on an internal website. We also offer content using the SCORM format, making it easy to import into your learning management system (LMS) for continuing education credit.
Need more information?
Phone: (512) 537-8493