I recently presented a lightning talk at Austin on Rails titled “5 ways to build better APIs in Ruby”. Below is the slide deck, along with a coupon code to our book to help with your API design and development.
Get the book, “A Practical Approach to API Design”
Also, be sure to take advantage of the coupon code for my new book, “A Practical Approach to API Design”, to save 10% off the book. Hurry, as the coupon will expire soon!
Other Ruby and Rails resources
- Ruby API Framework benchmarks
- ORM instantiation benchmarks
- Twitter discussion on upcoming Sinatra performance improvements
- Use the Roar + Representable gems for JSON serialization
- Heroku Dataclips using PostgreSQL
- RSpec and Cucumber for acceptance testing your APIs in a running container
API Development and Documentation Tools
Exploration: POSTman Chrome Plugin
- Documentation: RAML/APIDesigner, RunScope
- Auth/Management: Layer 7, Apigee, Mashery, 3Scale, Stormpath